100% Organic Super Sprout™ Sprouted Whole Grain RYE Flour
Size: 2lb. bag
Certified organic 100% whole rye. Sprouted and whole-milled (whole grain) from non-GMO, harvested American Rye.
Enjoy enhanced nutrition and a deeper, smoother, and more well-rounded flavor than regular whole rye flour.
Since Super Sprout™ Sprouted flours absorb more water than other flours, you will need to add 10 to 20% more liquid to your recipe and allow your dough to rest for about 10 minutes after mixing.
Processed in a facility that also processes wheat. For best results, store in a cool, dry place.
Substitute 30% of the Super Sprout™ Wheat for Rye in Peter Reinhart's lean dough recipe here.
Is Super Sprout™ sprouted whole grain rye flour just "whole rye flour"? How can the consumer/baker tell the difference?
You cannot mistake Super Sprout™ sprouted whole grain rye flour for regular whole rye flour. Super Sprout™ Rye has:
- A different look – a uniform creamy color
- A different feel — very soft and silky fine
- A different taste — a well-rounded, mellow taste
- Better nutrition — micro-nutrients are enhanced and more bioavailable due to the sprouting process
- Better nutrition — products ingest and digest easily due to the sprouting process
- Different performance — performs best at higher hydrations of 85 - 95% and has already accomplished the desired goals of a pre-fermentation step
- Different baked product – darker loaf and crust due to an increase in caramelized sugars
- Different baked product – products are softer and stay fresh longer, naturally
How do I substitute Super Sprout™ Rye with other flour?
Use Super Sprout™ Rye in all your rye recipes as a substitute for whole or medium rye flour. Simply substitute with a 1:1 ratio and add 10% to 20% more water than your recipe calls for adjusting based on what type of dough you are making.