Is Super Sprout™ sprouted whole grain wheat flour just "whole wheat flour"? How can the consumer/baker tell the difference?
You cannot mistake Super Sprout™ sprouted whole grain wheat flour for regular whole wheat flour. Super Sprout™ has:
- A different look – a uniform creamy color
- A different feel — very soft and silky fine
- A different taste — well rounded, clean wheat taste (not bitter)
- Better nutrition — micro-nutrients are enhanced and more bioavailable due to the sprouting process
- Better nutrition — products ingest and digest easily due to the sprouting process
- Different performance — performs best at higher hydrations of 85 - 95% and has already accomplished the desired goals of a prefermentation step
- Different baked product – more golden brown due to an increase in carmelized sugars
- Different baked product – products are softer and stay fresh longer, naturally
How do I substitute Super Sprout™ with other flour?
Use Super Sprout™ in all your recipes as a substitute for wheat flour–whole wheat or refined white. Simply substitute with a 1:1 ratio and add 10% to 20% more water than your recipe calls for.
What are the nutritional benefits of Super Sprout™ over other whole wheat flours?
- Sprouting greatly enhances the nutrition and digestibility of wheat. The body handles sprouted wheat similarly to the way it would intake and digest a vegetable. Our unique, proprietary process for sprouting Super Sprout™ jump-starts digestion and provides a far superior nutritional value for your body compared to other flours, making it a preferred option for health-conscious home and artisan bakers, including individuals with non-celiac gluten sensitivity, diabetes, and gastrointestinal issues. Nutrition Analysis has shown that Super Sprout™ has:
↑ Soluble fiber
↑ Beta Carotene
↑ Folic Acid
↑ Omega 6 fatty acids
↑ Omega 3 fatty acids
↑ B and D Vitamins
↑ Vitamin E
↓ Phytic Acid
Is Super Sprout™ organic and also non-gmo?
Absolutely! At Lindley Mills, we take pride in providing 100% organic, non-GMO flour to our customers just like our founder, Thomas Lindley did in 1755. We believe that organics are safer, healthier, and more sustainable. We are transparent about our products, labeling, and business practices because our customers want to know—and deserve to know—where their food comes from, and what's in their food. We believe that every consumer has the right to make an informed choice based on that knowledge. Learn more about our commitment to organics here.
Can I buy Super Sprout™ online?
The same Super Sprout™ sprouted whole grain wheat flour that was once only available to our local neighbors, artisan bakers, and restaurants is now available for purchase online here!