NIGHT Before Make the Sponge:
- 1 1/4 cups Starter
- 2 cups Super Sprout™ Wheat Flour
- 2 cups Super Sprout™ Spelt Flour
- 2 cups Whole Milk (warmed)
- 2 tablespoons Honey or Coconut Sugar
Mix the following Dry Ingredients.
- 1 cup Super Sprout™ Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Super Sprout™ Spelt flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons. Baking Soda
- Knead together with the 'overnight sponge' until soft and not sticky.
- Let dough rise til double (in a lit oven). Usually about 90 minutes. Turn dough onto a floured board, pat, or roll to 1/2" thick.
- Cut with a 4" biscuit cutter, and put circles on parchment-covered baking sheets.
- Cover with a towel, and let rise for 45-60 minutes.
- Pre-Heat cast iron griddle or skillet (dry).
- Cook muffins on very low heat, 6-8 min/side (flipping to keep from burning).